As an Archaeological Field Supervisor (project scientist) for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you'll manage project teams to navigate today's complex environmental regulatory landscape, helping our commercial, institutional, and energy clients with Cultural Resource compliance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act. You'll manage all phases of both historic and prehistoric archaeological investigations; project work that will include development of archaeological work plans, fieldwork, artifact analysis and curation, report preparation, and development and implementation of mitigation plans. Work with clients, contractors, and local government officials, you'll impact the whole project - from conceptual and design phases, through the regulatory review process, bidding, and construction.
- Master's degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely related field (e.g., must meet the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines);
- Supervisory field and analytic experience in general North American archeology preferably Midwest;
- Archeological research, administration, or management;
- Demonstrated ability to carry research to completion;
- Ability to speak and write professionally.
- Familiarity with GPS devices, geomorphological techniques, data collector/total station, Indiana DHPA qualified professional field supervisor or background to become qualified, and GIS.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to offering company stock at all levels, we provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
CEC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Street: 3000 LITTLE HILLS EXPRESSWAY