The Departments of Anthropology, Economics, and Sociology at the State University of New York at Oswego invite applications to fill a full-time permanent, Administrative Assistant 1 position, Grade 11.
Posting Date: May 3, 2023
Review Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $44,957/year. Commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, the State University of New York provides an excellent benefits package. Please click here for more information on benefits for full-time CSEA professionals.
Date of Appointment: As soon as possible.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Work with the department chairs and faculty on the daily operation of the department;
- Assist Department Chair with the Academic Schedules, scheduling of events and external visitors;
- Web maintenance of the department pages;
- Maintain and update Departmental Listserv;
- Assist and coordinate faculty recruitment searches, external reviewers with the Department and Administration;
- Assist the department chair or advisement coordinator in entering Banner information;
- Provide support to the department chair on course evaluation data, reports, assessment as needed;
- Process necessary forms for appointment, extra service and student employment;
- Assist in the management of Scholarship/Awards/Honor Society for the department and Honors Convocation;
- Work with the department chair on tracking expenditures of all Departmental accounts;
- Purchase necessary equipment, office and research supplies for the department;
- Process and track faculty travel and expenditures;
- Act as a liaison for the department and work with various campus departments, including but not limited to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean's Office, Provost's office and Finance Department.
Candidates must be permanent competitive or 55b/c employees of New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
One year of permanent competitive service as an Administrative Assistant 1 OR be reachable on the Administrative Assistant 1 eligible list OR have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the law; or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 6 and above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law to Administrative Assistant Trainee 1.*
- Note: Appointment may be made at a traineeship level. A new two-year traineeship, (Administrative Assistant Trainee 1, NS=Grade 8 & Administrative Assistant Trainee 2, NS=Grade 10) leading to Administrative Assistant 1, Grade 11, has been approved effective October 31, 2019.
Trainees will be required to take four mandatory courses in the first year of the traineeship and four elective courses in each the second year of the traineeship in four competency areas through the CSEA Partnership, or equivalent offerings through another entity as determined by the agency. All trainees are required to successfully complete all courses before advancing to the Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11.
For full details on the Administrative Assistant Traineeship program, go to the following link: https://www.cs.ny.gov/ssd/Manuals/SPMM/GIBS/GIB19-07.cfm
70.1 transfer or Reinstatement:
One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Administrative Assistant 1 OR have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title within two salary grades of the target title that is eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law.
Permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Administrative Assistant 1.
Eligible for provisional appointment under NYS Civil Service guidelines.
Conditions of Employment:
This will be a permanent or provisional appointment. Candidates should be aware that a preferred list, transfer list, placement roster, and/or reemployment roster of laid-off State employees may be certified against this vacancy by the Department of Civil Service.
For more details, reference New York State Department of Civil Service Job Title Code #2900100, Administrative Assistant 1, and Grade 11.
If you have any questions about the position, please call or e-mail:
To Apply Submit:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications and specifically addressing your experience
- Copy of certificates related to qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references
electronically by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
Official transcripts are required at time of appointment.
All required documents must be uploaded in order for your application to be reviewed and considered. Please click here to login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.
Please click CONTACT US if you need assistance applying through this website.