About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking an Assistant Project Archaeologist for our Arlington, TX office. Under the supervision of the Cultural Resources Team Lead, you will perform field, office, and research tasks while working with and supervising crew members. This position will offer a variety of office and field-based tasks.
Your role will be to assist with the planning and execution of field studies related to renewable energy, state & local, transportation and land development.
What you will accomplish
- Following a standardized procedure, conducts archaeological desktop studies, including review of background data, project information, archaeological sensitivity, and land ownership.
- Conducts data QA/QC, organization, and tracking; collects field data using tablets and geodes.
- Supervises fieldwork, including archaeological survey, testing, data recovery, and/or construction monitoring and ensures quality and completeness of data collected.
- Prepares professional report and site forms, conducts research and literature reviews.
- Takes initiative, resolves problems, and creates improved procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Maintains SWCA's high standard of scientific ethics and quality assurance, and is motivated to identify and resolve problems in creative ways.
- Works independently, and work well with others as part of a team.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A Bachelor's Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a closely related field.
- Experience working as a field archaeologist, as typically acquired through three (3) years of professional employment.
- Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with the application of standard archaeological survey and excavation techniques.
- Proficient with industry standard word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Experience in preparing or contributing technical reports.
- Experience leading crews of field technicians on a variety of project types and sizes, regions and agencies.
- Master's Degree in a related field.
- Experience providing QA/QC review of field documents, site forms and reports.
- Site delineation experience.
- Valid Driver's License in good standing.
- Ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours (sometimes in inclement weather and rugged terrain) and able to carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this Arlington, TX-based position can expect a hourly rate of $26.00-$33.00/hour. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA's Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.