Pay starting at $110k/annually
- Salary is negotiable based on experience, certification, and skillset.
- Managing the production of a wide range of environmental documents, including writing sections of EIRs, IS/MNDs, and other similar documents.
- Lead research and prepare Negative Declarations, Environmental Impact Reports, permit applications, plans, and write technical reports.
- Coordination and conducting field work including biological surveys, habitat assessments, vegetation mapping, cultural resources surveys, tribal consultations, air quality modeling, visual impact assessments, noise studies, geotechnical studies, Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESAs, wildfire impact studies, and state and federal waters delineations on projects in California.
- Field management and providing specialized site assessments.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and public agencies.
- Report preparation and review.
- Developing and managing project budgets and schedules, proposal preparation, task order preparation, and contract compliance.
- Responsible for preparing scope of work, and budgets for proposals on CEQA documentation.
- Assist Marketing and Communication (MarComm) with the preparation of Statements of Qualifications for CEQA work and environmental studies.
- Direct and prepare Initial Studies, Negative Declarations, EIRs, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and supporting technical studies
- Directly provide environmental services related to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), California Energy Commission Application for Certification (AFC) the Endangered Species Act (ESA), Clean Water Act (CWA), and other services
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously within scope/schedule/budget expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables
- Demonstrated expertise in federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to the management of natural resources and/or environmental planning in California
- Proven experience working on all aspects of multiple projects including proposal preparation, technical writing, client interactions, and field work (e.g. monitoring, site visits, site assessments)
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with diverse groups including field staff, contractors, clients, and regulators
- Aptitude to work seamlessly on multiple tasks as requested
- Experience working with federal and state reviewing agencies and clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- A minimum of seven years of experience in preparing CEQA/NEPA documents, natural resources management overseeing fieldwork and report generation and completion, scheduling and budgeting of projects
- Solid grasp of the key impact assessment and management issues as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in planning, geography, archaeology, anthropology, economics, political science, social sciences, civil or environmental engineering, geology, environmental science, environmental studies, biology, ecology, or a field related to UES's services is required; Master's degree or higher is preferred.
UES is a national leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental Consulting, Occupational Health & Safety, Virtual Design Consulting, and Building Envelope. With over 3,400 team members across 70+ branches in the United States, UES provides essential engineering services to some of the most prominent and significant projects in the country. As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021 and 2022, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future.
Our Team Members
Our team members bring unique skill sets, licenses and certifications, and experience to our firm, which diversifies our team and allows us to provide a wide variety of services uniquely grounded in excellence. Our team STRIVES to uphold our core values of safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value, and excellence to ensure we meet client expectations, support our communities, and build a strong, reliable team. Our UES team members are kind, passionate, and driven, which creates collaborative workspaces and a sense of camaraderie among our team members. At UES, we are eager to hire, teach, and train the next generation of industry leaders and learn from the expertise of each team member who walks through our doors. To learn more about UES, visit teamues.com
We understand that our team members are the glue that holds our business together. We value the individual contributions of each person, and we show this by offering comprehensive benefits, including medical insurance options, PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and so much more. If you have additional questions about our benefits, please contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com
Check out our website: UES
Follow us on social media: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.