Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Archaeologist to assist with projects in the Intermountain West (CO, WY, NE, ND and ID). This is a fulltime position and pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
The selected applicant will prepare and review cultural resource reports, site forms, maps, and photo documents. Applicants must have a high level of attention to detail, be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and have experience with editing and formatting.
The selected applicant will be expected to prepare documents for submittal to state and federal agencies.
Responsibilities and Minimum Requirements:
- A Master's Degree in Anthropology or a closely related field is required.
- Minimum 10-15+ years of experience in cultural resource management (CRM)
- 6-10 years of supervisory experience on large archeological projects.
- Strong writing and editing skills with ability to complete cultural resource forms/documents in a timely manner.
- Experience with federal and state report and site form procedures and policies.
- Experience with large-scale cultural resource projects.
- Able to write reports based on experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring throughout western U.S.
- Able to write reports based on experience identifying a variety of prehistoric and historic resource types, flora, fauna, and human remains.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Self-motivated, respectful of others, positive, energetic, and able to work and participate in a team environment.
- Past experience working with tribes is preferred.
- Able to pass a drug screening.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required for this position.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record without restrictions.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $80-$90,000 yr.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Has ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 35 lbs. and have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Performs manual labor including excavation with shovels.
- Availability to work extended field rotations (sometimes 10-12 days at a time).
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.