Archeology Field Technician -
We are currently assisting a large consulting firm with a number of summer field project and will be assisting them in hiring Field Archaeologist across the southern states. Please apply and we will reach out when the projects get finalized on their start dates.
The archaeological field technician will perform archaeological field work, lab work, or GIS work under the direction and supervision of the Senior Archaeologist. Archaeological field technicians are responsible for excavations of shovel test pits, excavation units, block excavations, site documentation, feature and artifact identification and analyses; and mapping.
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles per day
- Ability Identify historic and pre-contact artifacts
- Ability to travel
- Ability to use GPS unit
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work hours other than 8 to 5 which may include weekends and/or night shifts
- Ability to conduct archaeological surveys and testing
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures)
- Valid Driver's License
- Good organizational skills, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks
- Familiarity with Phase I, II, and/or III work
- Minimum of three months of field experience (survey, testing, and data recovery)
- Requires experience identifying and recording prehistoric resources
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, Architectural History, or a closely related field
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, TPGS, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering workforce solutions and integrated services across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.