Consumer Insights - User Experience Researcher
In-Office: Riverwoods, Illinois
About This Role
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Ourcollaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together.And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a User Experience research expert, you will help designers, agencies, and product managers better understand user needs to help Discover deliver best in class digital experiences for Discover's credit card and banking services. You will possess a strong understanding of user-centered design and user research best practices. You will explore user behaviors and motivations through primary research like usability, surveys/quantitative studies, co-design and design thinking workshops. You will also gather and analyze data on consumer behaviors, preferences, attitudes, needs, industry trends and/or competitors, and synthesize them into key themes and implications. Through words, video, and visuals, you should be able to develop persuasive and compelling stories to illustrate UX insights, key learnings and actionable recommendations for project teams and leadership.
- Conduct user research experience studies both in person and remotely to help Discover optimize mobile app and website development
- Act as a research partner and internal consultant for designers, developers, and product teams to frame business problems and focus research objectives
- Develop research methodologies to achieve objectives and fill learning gaps, including quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Manage research vendors, such as contract negotiation and developing and directing the vendors' work
- Manage projects end to end including recruiting respondents, developing moderator guides, in-person and remote testing, reviewing and analyzing data, and reporting
- Collaborate with other Consumer Insights subject matter experts, analytics, and voice of the customer teams to provide holistic view of our customers' and consumers' needs and behaviors
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Business Strategy, Anthropology, Psychology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in business strategy consulting, primary market research, marketing strategy, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in consumer insights, primary research, or business strategy consulting
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction or Market Research
- 4+ years of experience in user experience research
- Experience with moderating user research
- Financial services industry experience
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional curiosity, business acumen, data analysis, critical thinking and problem solving, written and oral communication skills, ability to create persuasive narratives regarding research learnings
The base pay for this position generally ranges between $86,500.00 to $145,700.00. Additional incentives may be provided as part of a market competitive total compensation package. Factors, such as but not limited to, geographical location, relevant experience, education, and skill level may impact the pay for this position.
We also offer a range of benefits and programs based on eligibility. These benefits include:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Health Savings Account
- STD, Life, LTD and AD&D
- Recognition Program
- Education Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Family Support Programs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Learn more at MyDiscoverBenefits.com .
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)