Archaeology Monitoring - ( 230002GP )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has a casual work atmosphere with a company that values creativity and hard work and is involved in diverse, world class projects.
Stantec is seeking archeologists with a MA in anthropology (or related fields) and at least 3 years of monitoring experience to support projects with demonstrated experience in Monitoring projects in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and/or Texas. Applicable experience in other regions may also be considered. The individual will lead monitoring projects for selected business development opportunities and provide successful and independent management of monitoring records and communications with the team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducting on-site construction monitoring that will adhere to guidelines developed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Recording deposits using company protocols which minimally include notations of the texture and Munsell color designations; and construction excavations and disturbed ground surface will be photographed
- Screening samples of excavated back dirt
- Documentation of all findings, but at minimum the findings would be detailed on Stantec field forms, with photographs and GPS points taken to be incorporated into an Archeological Site Form if needed
- Coordinating with the project manager on any cultural finds
- Providing written summaries daily or weekly or monitoring activities
- Participating in Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (HSSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Meets the qualifications as described in the Secretary of the Interior's Professional Qualification Standards for Archeology and Historic Preservation (48 FR §44716) and the Texas Historical Commission's Rules of Practice and Procedure (13 TAC Chapter 26) if assigned to a monitoring project in Texas
- Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA)or qualifications that meet requirements to become an RPA
- Professional writing, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience performing archaeological monitoring
- Possessing self-awareness of technical and/or professional abilities and the ability to determine when assistance from senior staff is needed
- Disciplined approach to project execution and technical excellence
- Ability to provide written and verbal direction on project delivery
- Ability to convey safety information to field staff
- Ability to use field data collection equipment such as GPS and Environment Systems Research Institute (ESRI) Collector and Survey 123
- Good driving record and valid driver's license required
Education and Experience
Master's Degree in anthropology/archaeology or a related discipline from an accredited university required
Minimum 3 years of monitoring experience with experience in cultural resource management and archaeological compliance survey primarily in Texas and the Gulf Coast region
Knowledge of compliance under the NHPA, the Texas Antiquities Code, or an equivalent law in another state
Demonstrated positive reputation and relationships with environmental regulators
Experience with digital data collection methods and techniques
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs. Willingness to travel for project work. Equipment necessary to perform the job will be provided.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Regular full-time and part-time employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary/casual employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : United States-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Other Locations : United States-Texas-Austin, United States-Texas-Irving, United States-Louisiana-New Orleans, United States-Texas-Plano, United States-Oklahoma, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-Louisiana, United States-Oklahoma-Tulsa, United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge, United States-Texas-Fort Worth, United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-2353 EnvSvcs-US Gulf West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 100 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 12, 2023, 2:34:09 PM
Req ID: 230002GP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans