At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
AECOM is seeking an Archaeologist IV for our Chelmsford, MA or Burlington, NJ offices. The Archaeologist IV will be required to manage and direct both Precontact and Historic archaeological projects - from proposal writing and budget management through report writing and getting project clearances. The candidate must be able to work well with clients, agencies, cultural staff as well as other co-workers within AECOM. They will have to mentor junior staff and delegate responsibilities while continuing to oversee the schedule and quality of work. AECOM has rigorous quality standards, and the candidate will be responsible for meeting this in both their technical work and professionalism.
- BA/BS + 6 years of experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and / or education.
- Experience with federal and state regulations pertaining to cultural resources in the mid-Atlantic and New England.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- US Citizenship required.
- Advanced degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or a related field.
- 8 or more years' experience within CRM with project and/or people management experience.
- East Coast archaeological experience.
- Experience negotiating Agreement documents.
- Register of Professional Archaeologist (RPA).
- Ability to review RFPs/RFQs to determine if they should be pursued.
- Ability to write a proposal, assumptions, schedule, and budget based on a proposed scope.
- Ability to manage Phase I-III archaeological field surveys for both Precontact and Historic sites on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to complete technical analysis and report preparation.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Employee mentoring and supervision.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with co-workers, clients, agencies, project stakeholders, and field/site personnel.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there's never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Join us and let's get started.
Business Line: Environment
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: East
Career Area: Science
Work Location Model: Hybrid