About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking an Associate Project Archaeologist for our San Antonio, Texas office. Under the supervision of a Project Manager, you will perform field, office, and research tasks while working with and supervising crew members. This position will be a mix of office tasks and fieldwork.
Your role will be to assist with the planning and execution of field studies related to renewable energy, state & local, transportation and land development.
What you will accomplish
- Provide strong technical and regulatory knowledge within own discipline
- Contribute to strategy for technical delivery at sub-regional level
- Leads projects/tasks from start to finish, with guidance (Project Manager for small to medium projects or Task Lead for large projects)
- Meet schedules, budgets, and project key performance indicators
- May serve as permitted field supervisor or Principal Investigator
- Assign and communicate technical needs and project tasks to project team members
- Design field approach/plan and leads project staff in overall project completion
- Oversee and perform QA/QC, organization, and tracking to ensure project requirements are met
- Manage quality and completeness of data collection, analysis, and report completion from start to finish
- Perform frontline technical peer review of documents
- Adeptly interface with clients and agencies related to specific tasks to ensure needs and objectives are met
- Contribute to technical standards for sub-region
- Prepare draft scopes and budgets for mall to mid-size projects, or contributes to large proposals
- May supervise; coach others within the office
- Prepare and ensure implementation of the safety plan
Experience and qualifications for success
- A Bachelor's Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a closely related field.
- Experience working as a field archaeologist, as typically acquired through five (5) years of professional employment.
- Experience with the application of standard archaeological survey and excavation techniques.
- Proficient with industry standard word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Experience in preparing technical reports.
- Experience providing QA/QC review of field documents, site forms and reports.
- Experience leading crews of field technicians on a variety of project types and sizes, across regions and with various agencies.
- Valid Driver's License in good standing.
- Ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours (sometimes in inclement weather and rugged terrain) and able to carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this San Antonio, Texas-based position can expect an hourly rate of $29.00/hr.-$37.00/hr. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA's Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.