TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is an engineering consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
TRC is seeking a Project Archeologist for our Environmental Practice reporting to our Austin, TX Office. This person will work on large-scale and small-scale projects throughout TexasandOklahoma with work in other states a possibility as well. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and of helping to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges. The position will require frequent travel away from the home office.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Direct all types of archeological projects, ranging from small local surveys through large, multi-year multi-state projects.
- Handle planning, logistics, and supervision of fieldwork for projects as assigned and author reports, under the direction of the Project Manager/Principal Investigator.
- Promote TRC safety and quality standards, policies and procedures and ensure field employees comply.
- Ensure that all work and data collected are accurate, organized, and of high quality.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- An MA in anthropology or archeology with at least two years of experience in managing field work and report experience preferred, but a BA in anthropology or archeology and several years of supervisory experience will be considered.
- Willing to travel, often with little advance notice.
- Self‐motivated, organized, and with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence.
- A commitment to safety.
- Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner, with a track record of meeting deadlines.
- The ability to work well on a team and individually.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Not Required, but Preferred:
- Some experience in a variety of aspects of archeological fieldwork including survey, shovel testing, monitoring, and data recovery, and at least some supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Basic knowledge of Antiquities Code of Texas and Section 106 and other state and federal regulations and environmental review processes and requirements.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS units, tablets, cameras).
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.