Join Our Team!!
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.General Purpose
Foster and build mutually beneficial relationships between Tribal Governments and PacifiCorp's multi-state service area of Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, California, Oregon, and Washington. Job responsibilities include working with Tribal Governments collaboratively on policy issues, projects, and community activities. In addition, the job will focus on establishing consistent communications, strong relationships, and continued understanding of tribal culture, traditions, sovereignty, governance, and protocols, as well as working with Tribal Governments and State Agencies supporting Tribal Nations initiatives. The incumbent will coordinate and be the liaison for projects/programs and will keep track and provide oversight of tribal matters, expectations, and policy issues for the company. Responsibilities
- Interface with Tribal Government and Native community members to foster partnerships that promote strong, collaborative working relationships in support of project goals.
- Lead the development of program initiatives and plans that are designed to increase Tribal engagement and monitor progress.
- Plan, coordinate and implement key programming meetings with Tribes, Tribal communities and identified partners.
- Work as a focal point to coordinate and network local and regional Tribal partnerships to stay attuned to potential projects and partnerships.
- Attend local, regional, and statewide Tribal events to build relationships and community support.
- May serve on local and regional boards and communities that specifically impact Tribal communities.
- Collaboratively develop and support implementation of best practices and strategies related to the growth of Tribal relations and engagement.
- Collaborate with Tribal government on projects, policies, and community engagement activities.
- Support development of project communication materials and other forms of media focused on the Tribal population to establish and foster strong Tribal relationships.
- Develop project communication strategies with Tribal partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Archeology, Anthropology, Native American Studies, Environmental Sciences or Natural Resources or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a public policy, legislative or lobbying capacity.
- Assessment skills to determine needs and develop strategies to strengthen relationships with Tribal officials and interest groups.
- Knowledge of tribal history, customs, and laws
- Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to establish trust, maintain confidence, understand, and influence behavior in diverse social and business situations, negotiate acceptable solutions, provide leadership for company positions, and influence outcomes through relationships.
- Demonstrated oral presentation, listening, and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of external business environment, laws, political climate, the company's strategies, policies, practices, and procedures, and the social climates where the company operates.
- Knowledge of company policy, procedures, practices, and in-depth familiarity with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Certificate in Tribal Relations or equivalent
Req Id: 110637
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: PORTLAND
Department: Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $98,200.00 - $115,500.00
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 15% of salary.
Benefits: Health care, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance, paid short-term and long-term disability, paid bereavement leave. For more information, please visit: https://careers.pacificorp.com/content/New-Benefits-Page/?locale=en_US
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening