Tetra Tech Inc., an industry leader and nationally recognized engineering and consulting firm, is seeking professional, motivated, and intelligent candidates to fill two Staff Archaeologist positions for our Federal NEPA, NHPA, and Environmental Compliance team. The people selected will become a part of the Sentinel (GBSD) cultural resource team and will conduct a variety of field, administrative, and project planning tasks to support DoD and other Federal contracts. This is a remote work opportunity. This position requires the employee to be a U.S. Citizen due to the projects they will be working on.
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
- Support field projects to include participation of all data collection, field inventory, monitoring, evaluative testing, and site mitigation within multiple states (prior experience in Colorado, Nebraska, North Dakota, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming highly desired).
- Record archaeological sites and collect data to be included in technical reports
- Work alongside Tribal Cultural Specialists to record sites of cultural or religious significance to Native Americans
- Report on daily work activities to crew chiefs, field directors, and project management
- Support preparation of cultural resource project deliverables, such as work plans, management summaries, and technical reports.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to others in support of their functions.
- Author cultural resource sections of NEPA documents.
- Coordinate technical crew members, including field directors and crew chiefs, to complete assigned tasks or serving as a field director or crew chief may be required based upon the project.
- Work with clients to meet Section 106 compliance requirements.
Salary Range: $69,514 - $92,685
- Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology/Archaeology with a concentration in North American Archaeology.
- Must have attended an archaeological field school and have at least 5 years of North American cultural resource management experience working in the western US.
- Archaeological experience in the Great Plains preferred
- Archaeological experience in other U.S. regions also valued
- Prior experience writing NEPA cultural resource sections highly desired
- Prior experience conducting document reviews and writing technical documents highly desired
- Direct experience with DoD cultural resource regulations and projects; Air Force is highly desired
- Direct experience with DoD Section 106 compliance; previous work with SHPOs in CO, NE, ND, MT, UT, and WY highly desired
- Previous experience with GIS data collection and software highly desired
- Ability to identify, record, and analyze archaeological artifacts, features, and sites
- Data collection, environmental impact analysis, and report writing.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures in remote locations and walk up to 10 miles a day in steep terrain.
- Willingness to work field sessions up to ten days long
- Proficiency with electronic devices such as smart phones and tablets
- In-depth knowledge of cultural resource requirements.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and/or local regulations and statutes.
- Familiarity with DoD plans and processes highly desired.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.