:About the Role
Excellence in news demands excellence in our customers' experiences. Our Experience Group brings together teams covering Product, UX, Engineering, Operations and Data with a single purpose: to connect people to the news that matters most, as they need it, by creatively defining and building connected, sustainable experiences/products that are data informed and with a customer lens.
The Customer Insights team supports Dow Jones strategic goals and their implementation by providing end to end understanding of our markets, customers and products from market research to user testing to rapid testing.
We are looking for a Lead to join our Customer Insights team to help grow the Dow Jones portfolio of brands by delivering best-in-class intelligence and insights.
As a Lead, Customer Insights, you will develop relationships with teams and responsibilities at all levels across the business to deliver tailored and relevant insights. You will also deliver end-to-end research projects, from briefing, to researching the best design approaches, through to execution and analysis - whether independently or as part of a working group, drawing on a wide set of research methodologies.
This will be a collaborative role requiring partnerships with Experience Architecture, Experience Design, and Product and SMEs and Partners across Dow Jones.
The Customer Insights Lead will report to the Director, Customer Intelligence, Consumer.
- Deliver research projects, from briefing, to researching the best design approach, through to execution and analysis - whether independently or as part of a working group, drawing on a wide set of research methodologies.
- Be the primary expert on qualitative research needs for the Customer Insights team - including interviews, focus groups, and other methodologies - ensuring projects are carried out to timelines and within budget along with helping the development of capabilities and of other team members to provide a greater volume of internal qualitative work can be carried out.
- Advanced project management responsibilities, including managing external agency partners to deliver research projects, and leading senior partners in a working group.
- Strengthen working relationships with peers and senior partners in key stakeholder groups, including Membership/Subscriptions, office of GM, newsroom, PCX/Experience.
- Actively share insights and information and ensure uptake of research recommendations by delivering presentations, debriefs, hosting & leading workshops to teams across the business.
- Support other members of the Customer Insights team to deliver major projects and always-on tracking programs.
- Help design and coordinate holistic research programs, connecting market research and findings with delivered products and improvements.
- Be a ambassador for world-class research methodologies and execution, guide junior CI team members on appropriate selection and use of methodologies and data analysis, and help educate the wider org on key research initiatives.
- 4+ years' direct experience in the market research industry, in-house or agency-side.
- Experience in end-to-end research project management.
- Experience in moderating focus groups, in-depth interviews and other qualitative techniques.
- Experience in presenting to clients and able to do so with authority and confidence.
- Experience with, or interest in, the media, news, information & data sector.
- Demonstrate understanding of a range of qual and quant research methodologies alongside their appropriate use.
- Strong discussion guide, questionnaire writing and survey design skills.
- Working knowledge of interviewing software is desirable, but not required.
- Strong proficiency with G-suite products and experience with professional collaboration tools such as, Jira, Miro, Confluence and Airtable.
- Experience in/exposure to main concepts in consumer insights, purchase behavior, decision-making processes, consumer psychology/motivations either from relevant degree course(s) or from working in the field of market research/customer insights.
- Degree holder in the field of anthropology, ethnography, psychology, economics, design or related areas within the Humanities or Social Sciences fields.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - DATA SET/AD TECH
Job Category: Data Analytics/Warehousing & Business Intelligence
Pay Range: $50,000 - $180,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 37601