Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You'll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: Universal Parks and Resorts Consumer Insights is the core research function charged with designing, implementing, and interpreting primary, mixed method research to provide the organization with information on past, current, and future guests' experiences, sentiments, and profiles for both UOR and USH. The Consumer Insights team supports stakeholder groups throughout the organization, including Marketing & Sales, Operations, Entertainment, Creative, Product Planning, and Finance, providing data critical to immediate needs as well as mid and long-range planning efforts.
The Senior Manager leads a robust portfolio of foundational and event-based research, including two pivotal long range tracking studies; the organization's benchmark point of origin survey; more than 20 continual studies providing stakeholders with key data on guest experiences and satisfaction throughout the resorts; more than 30 annual event-based studies, and an ad hoc program of 10-12 deep-dive qualitative investigations each year. studies on guest mix and satisfaction. In all, the Senior Manager is responsible for managing the timely and successful execution of approximately 70 studies occurring throughout the calendar year.
- Design, execute, analyze, interpret, and report on ongoing tracking, guest satisfaction, and event-related related initiatives across the Orlando and Hollywood parks
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of scheduled reports that include key insights and recommendations based on careful analysis of trending data
- Liaison with the Systems team and clients to continually improve report and display interfaces and formats to provide the most relevant data in the most easily digestible form
- Manage relationships with external vendors to monitor the quality and integrity of data
- Anticipate and address clients' potential questions prior to clients and conduct additional analyses to explore topics preemptively
- Develop, manage and conduct ad hoc projects in response to identified trends or patterns to provide deeper analysis and exploration of business critical issues.
- Understand and effectively utilize advanced statistical analysis techniques to appropriately explore a given research question
- Design and conduct multi-faceted and complex ethnographic studies to triangulate results and provide contextual data for client comprehension
- Lead and develop analysts to provide rigorous, high quality data, maximize efficiencies, and improve client communication.
- Prioritize projects and project timelines across the team to provide analyst growth opportunities, while also meeting client expectations and deadlines
- Work individually with analysts to identify development areas and provide training and mentorship to expand their exposure to multivariate statistical techniques, improve their survey-writing skills, increase the depth and complexity of analyses, and develop their abilities to communicate relevant, easily understood results to clients
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-yr college or university in Marketing Research, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Anthropology, Sociology, Advertising, or related discipline.
- Master's degree in Marketing Research (MMR), Survey Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration (MBA), or related discipline strongly preferred.
- In lieu of advanced degree, significant direct on-the-job learning of data science skills is required.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in primary market research/consumer insights in a client-side or supplier-side role.
- Advanced proficiency with a variety of multivariate statistical techniques (e.g., factor analysis, cluster analysis, discriminate analysis, regression, Maxdiff, Turf, conjoint, correspondence analysis) and knowing when and how to apply them.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design, conduct, and analyze qualitative research using multiple techniques (e.g., observation, cognitive interviews, in-depth interviews, field interviews, focus groups) on sensitive topics or with specialized respondents.
- Demonstrated ability to design, execute, analyze, and communicate the research process and results to a wide variety of audiences.
- Advanced ability to independently write sophisticated, new surveys and conduct ad hoc analyses with minimal guidance and minimal precedent
- Demonstrated ability to produce timely, synthesized, easily understood reports, slide decks, and deliverables reflecting a high degree of critical thought
- Ability to troubleshoot clients with minimal guidance and supervision
- Demonstrable experience and success leading teams and developing talent
- Aptitude and experience working both on teams and with a high degree of independence and on collaborative teams
- Demonstrated ability to schedule, prioritize, and manage multiple projects, including budgeting and resource management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE