Environmental Research Group, LLC (ERG) is hiring a Staff Archaeologist to join our team!
This full-time position is in the Greater Charlotte, NC area. This position will travel to project locations for fieldwork. Our fieldwork takes place nationwide, with a concentration along the eastern seaboard.
ERG is an 8(a) certified, service-disabled veteran-owned (SDVO), economically disadvantaged woman-owned (EDWO) small business (SB). Founded in 2000, ERG provides environmental and cultural resources consulting services. We are a value-driven, employee first company. Trust, expertise, and compassion drive our success, while gratitude, joy, and flexibility drive the team. We genuinely care about our team and the success and wellbeing of each team member.
As a Staff Archaeologist, you would be expected to manage and run field projects, write reports, peer review, mentor junior staff, and collaborate with a team. Minimum Qualifications
- Graduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field
- 3-5+ years of full-time professional archaeological experience leading field crews, preparing archaeological reports, and client communications. Conducting artifact analysis is a plus.
- GIS capabilities for background research and report graphics
- Strong team player
- Working knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
- Working knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to cultural resources
- Experience collecting data with GPS technology
- Familiarity with using Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook while working remotely
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong organizational stills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and respond quickly while working in the field or office
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Ability to work away from home for 1-4 weeks at a time
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles a day, dig shovel tests to depths of up to one meter
- Work outdoors in potentially adverse weather conditions
- Will work with minimal supervision at times
- Have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass DoD security clearances and background checks
- US citizenship required
Salary ranges from $65-73,000, commensurate with experience. Bonuses are offered for exceptional performance. Benefits package includes health insurance, paid holiday and vacation, and a 401(k) plan with employer contribution regardless of employee contribution. Please send a CV and three references.
Successful candidates should be prepared to submit a writing sample.
ERG, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability or protected veteran status. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.