Full Time (Vienna)
Diabetes is a pesky monster - and that's putting it mildly. If you're serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog, this little video and Roche code4life to see what makes mySugr and Roche tick.
Here's what we're looking for:
A Human Factors Engineer who will drive and coordinate human factors (HF) / usability engineering activities for mySugr. This person will be the key contact within this area and will be responsible for running user studies as well as specifically improving the user interfaces and user experience of our mobile apps while minimizing the potential for use errors. The person will also be responsible for providing HF input into risk management activities. These activities involve collaboration with internal and external partners and across functions with product owners, UX designers, medical, risk management and regulatory teams. Within our agile environment, our main goal is to engage the cross functional teams in research activities, and advocate findings to product and leadership teams as well as to improve the use of our apps. Ideal candidates are equally passionate about the user experience, health, and technology. They are attentive, can intuitively relate to the user, and have the ability to study, observe, and gain insight from user interactions.
We'd love to talk to you if you want to be part of our mission and growing team.
Your upcoming mission:
- Plan, document, and execute user studies and research on multiple projects all stages of a product development
- Create deliverables, reports, presentations, and/or videos to document and bring to life insights in an engaging and inspiring way
- Synthesise research findings & user feedback into articulate insights that will inform and inspire design
- Consider risk to the users' safety to drive development and shape a product's user experience by creating task analyses and use-related risk analyses
- Work closely in a cross-functional team to produce user-centred products that not only meet user needs but also business priorities and regulatory requirements
- Shape HF processes and ensure compliance to the latest HF/usability standards and guidances
- Prepare and review documentation for submission to regulatory agencies and notified bodies. Answer questions and provide rationales as needed
- Some travel may be required and open to hybrid working
Essential skills for this mission:
- A minimum of 2 years of HF/usability professional experience or equivalent relevant experience in product development within a regulated environment; medical device experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Good knowledge of FDA, ISO, IEC, AAMI, and other relevant usability standards and guidances
- Good knowledge of user-centred design practices
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills in English
- Fast learner, initiative, and a "can do" attitude
- Passion for learning, interacting with people and understanding their needs
- Team spirit and love to work in an open, iterative and collaborative way
- Confident speaking in front of others, interviewing and moderating workshops
- Masters' degree in Human Factors / Usability Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, HCI, Anthropology or related field
- Experience developing software as a medical device, digital health products and/or mobile applications within a QMS
- Knowledge of app development, graphical user interface design and prototyping
- Knowledge of the diabetes industry or other comparable health industries
- German language proficiency
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours, home office policy and 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
Who we are and what we care about:
Here at mySugr and Roche Diabetes Care we are committed to providing a healthy, equal and inclusive working environment for our Monster Tamers to help them make diabetes suck less! We care about family friendly career paths, sustainability, a healthy lifestyle and the flexibility of a modern workplace. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr - both professionally and personally.
Being a global leader in integrated Personalised Diabetes Management (iPDM), Roche Diabetes Care collaborates with pioneers around the globe, including people with diabetes, caregivers, healthcare providers and payers. We aim to transform and advance care provision and foster sustainable care structures. Under the brands RocheDiabetes, Accu-Chek and mySugr, comprising glucose monitoring, insulin delivery systems and digital solutions, we unite with our partners to create patient-centred value. By building and collaborating in an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions as well as contextualising relevant data points, we enable deeper insights and a better understanding of diabetes, leading to personalised and effective therapy adjustments.
Interested? Great. We'd like to hear from you! For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 50k plus a variable bonus. Applications from experienced professionals are welcome! We are fully prepared to adjust our actual offer to your skill set, skill level and previous relevant experience. Just click that "Apply Now" button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.
Make sure to read our Privacy Notice for Applicants.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.