ARCHAEOLOGIST - HOUSTON, TEXAS (CRM)Summary of Position
Full-time career opportunity for an archaeologist in the cultural resources management field to support the cultural resources group at Cypress Environmental Consulting located in Houston, Texas. This position is responsible for conducting all phases of cultural resource investigations under the Antiquities Code of Texas, Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), and other environmental planning documents including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and involves background research, consultation, preparing data recovery and monitoring plans, conducting field investigations, interpretation of state and federal laws, and technical report writing.Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include all phases of cultural resources projects including:
- Performing research, archaeological fieldwork surveys, monitoring, testing, and data recovery projects, historical research, preservation activities, report preparation, site forms and curation of archaeological artifacts.
- Plan and coordinate project mobilization and demobilization.
- Support NHPA Section 106 and Antiquities Code of Texas analysis, technical studies and project permitting for a wide variety of private, federal, state and local government clients including tribal consultations.
- Timely communication of results and recommendations to staff and project managers.
- Assist technical and strategy elements of proposal development including scope, schedule, and budget.
- Meeting project scope, schedule, and budget obligations.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality technical products through implementation of independent and quality review protocols.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a related field;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience, with progressively responsible cultural resource positions;
- Proficient in GPS data collection and archaeological survey methodologies
- Ability to meet deadlines while remaining detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well on simultaneous tasks and be team oriented;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication, professional writing, problem solving skills;
- Conscientious, organized, and disciplined;
- Strong note-taking skills and attention to detail;
- Valid driver's license and good driving record;
- Overnight and day travel as needed to support field work across Texas and regionally;
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions, including inclement weather;
- Ability to travel up to 25%, depending on project location;
- Ability to satisfactorily pass pre-employment and post-employment drug and alcohol tests;
- Must be eligible to be employed in the U.S.
Salaried PositionTO APPLY
- Master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a related field
- Registered Professional Archaeologist
- Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS / ArcPro Software
To apply for this position, please email ADMIN@CYPRESSEC.COM with the following:
- Cover letter highlighting your experience and skills
- Resume / Curriculum vitae
- Technical writing sample(s)
- Copy of College transcript(s)