As a Cultural Resources Senior Manager for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc., you'll grow and work collaboratively with staff to navigate today's complex regulatory landscape working with state historical preservation offices (SHPOs), helping our commercial, institutional, and energy clients to achieve and maintain compliance. You'll work in an energetic field with a group of archeological staff to manage and lead projects. Working with clients, contractors, and local government officials, you will impact the whole project - and interface with and represent CEC as an archeological expert.
CEC's corporate Cultural Resources group is based in Indianapolis and with continued success is seeking talent to continue to grow and help manage clients, projects and staff as needed in support of our client endeavors. CEC's Cultural Resources group distinguishes itself from the service offerings of other firms because of the breadth of our technical expertise that includes: wetland and stream assessments, delineations, and mitigation; endangered species surveys including bats and plants; natural stream channel restoration; invasive plant control; bio-retention and wetland treatment systems; and ecological risk assessments. The corporate group works cooperatively across all CEC offices to bring the necessary archeological expertise to our clients' specific project needs.
- B.S. degree in Archeology, Anthropology Ecology, Biology, or related technical field (M.S. preferred);
- Local and national contacts and the ability to develop and market to new and existing clients;
- Demonstrated client development and management experience to assist in expanding the delivery of our services to the energy, solid waste, mining, and real estate markets;
- Section 401, 402, 404 Federal Clean Water Act Regulations;
- Demonstrated understanding of State and Federal regulations from agencies such as USEPA, US Army Corps of Engineers, and US Fish & Wildlife Service;
- Ability to provide technical expertise and mentoring to staff in the cultural group;
- Ability to manage multiple activities, technical professionals and targeted client base;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Natural Stream Channel Restoration, Threatened and Endangered Species Consultation, or Environmental Permitting and Reporting.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to offering company stock at all levels, we provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
CEC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Street: 530 E. Ohio Street