PRRI Public Fellows - Funded Non-residential Fellowship Program
- PRRI (Public Religion Research Institute)
- Washington D.C.
- $5,000 annual stipend
- Closing date
- Jun 4, 2023
- Position Type
- Cultural Anthropology
- Part Time
- Religious Studies
- Organization Type
- Level of Experience
PRRI is announcing an opportunity to join a diverse cohort of 16 non-residential Public Fellows who are engaged in public scholarship at the intersection of religion, culture, and politics.
To apply: https://prri.smapply.io
About PRRI: https://www.prri.org/about/
The PRRI Public Fellows program, created in 2017 with the generous support of the Henry Luce Foundation, promotes and supports interdisciplinary public scholarship through a cohort of emerging scholar-leaders from across the humanities and social sciences. The program expanded in academic year 2021-2022 as part of PRRI’s Religion and Renewing Democracy Initiative with renewed support from the Luce Foundation and an additional grant from the Mellon Foundation. The program now includes 16 diverse scholars each year working across the four major areas of PRRI’s work, including religious, racial, and ethnic pluralism; racial justice and white supremacy; immigration and migration studies; and LGBTQ rights. In each area of scholarship, PRRI will select four Public Fellows.
Benefits of the 11-month program (August to July) include:
- An annual stipend of $5,000/year and course release funds up to $10,000 for the spring 2024 semester.
- Access to annual microgrants of $12,000 in each area of PRRI's work for collaborative scholarly projects within the cohort.
- Advance access to PRRI data, as well as various training opportunities to support public scholarship.
- Fellows must have a Ph.D. or comparable terminal degree plus a formal affiliation with an accredited college, university, seminary, or research institute in the United States.
- Fellows must have earned their terminal degree at least three years ago and no more than 12 years ago.
- Fellows should have demonstrable academic expertise in at least one of the four areas of PRRI's work (see above).
- Fellows must be authorized to work in the United States.
For questions, please contact PRRI at email@example.com.
The Public Religion Research Institute is an American nonprofit, nonpartisan research and education organization that conducts public opinion polls on a variety of different topics, specializing in the quantitative and qualitative study of political issues as they relate to religious values.
The following information is provided by the employer in accordance with AAA policy. AAA is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of these statements. They are not part of the actual position description submitted for publication by the employer.
- This employer does prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation/preference.
- This employer does prohibit discrimination based on gender identity/expression.
- This employer does offer health insurance benefits to eligible partners.
- This employer does not appear on the AAUP list of censured institutions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert