The Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology (Behavioral Sciences) Department at Concordia University Irvine seeks applicants for adjunct faculty positions in the area of Anthropology. The department strives to develop wise and honorable citizens capable of excelling as witnesses of Christ through their various roles within the academic field and elsewhere. Pursuant to this mission, we seek faculty candidates who can articulate the interconnection between their Christian faith and their academic pursuits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Teaching introductory and/or upper-division courses
- Conducting office hours, and working with full-time faculty colleagues
- Possible course topics vary - a list of courses offered is available in the CUI Catalog
- Additional participation as an undergraduate student research advisor is possible
- Successful candidates must confess the Christian faith, demonstrate a commitment to a Lutheran liberal arts education and possess teaching excellence.
- Candidates should also have an earned doctorate or a master's degree in a relevant field