Population Research Project Associate I, Department of Internal Medicine - Digestive and Liver DiseasesWhy UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As one of the world's foremost research institutions, UT Southwestern Medical Center is known for our life-changing research that has led us to 6 Nobel Prizes. With a career in our esteemed Internal Medicine Department, you will be a key part of our multidisciplinary research facility with opportunities to work with leaders in patient care and medical research. The Department of Internal Medicine Team at UT Southwestern is dedicated to providing exceptional patient-centered care. We seek to advance Internal Medicine through interprofessional education, leadership, and scientific discovery. We invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and a rewarding career!Job Summary
UTSW is seeking a Population Research Project Associate I to join the Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases. In this role, you will support the research efforts of Dr. Nicole Rich. Dr. Rich's research is focused on understanding and identifying mechanisms contributing to racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic disparities in outcomes among patients with chronic liver disease and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the most common type of liver cancer. She has published numerous articles on the topic of HCC, with a focus on health disparities and care delivery, in various peer-reviewed journals including Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology, and Gut. Dr. Rich is looking for a strong candidate with a degree in anthropology, sociology, or similar social science field where qualitative methodology is taught.
If you enjoy a challenging, fast-paced environment and value working in a collaborative setting where you are valued as a team member, this is the position for you.Experience and EducationMinimum Requirements
- Master's degree in related field and two (2) years' experience in behavioral, social science or public health. OR
- Bachelor's degree in related field and four (4) years' experience in behavioral, social science or public health.
- Prefer bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
Compliance with the COVID-19 vaccine mandate enforced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is a requirement for this position. Federal law requires individuals holding this position to be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption for certain medical, disability, or religious reasons. Individuals who do not meet CMS vaccination requirements are not eligible and should not apply for this position but are encouraged to apply for other non-healthcare positions at UT Southwestern for which they qualify.
- Participate in recruiting research participants.
- Perform qualitative interviews and/or administer quantitative surveys to research participants.
- Prepare protocols and detailed summaries for research study.
- Apply knowledge of research methodology and techniques to develop survey instruments.
- Perform a variety of independent activities involved in the analysis and interpretation of collected data.
- Conduct literature reviews and share findings with principal investigators.
- Prepare written reports and analyses; prepares tables and graphs for publication and presentation.
- Assist in developing and submitting grant proposals.
- Supervise data collectors and data analyst.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
For general COVID-19 information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information. UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion.