About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking an Assistant Staff Anthropologist to join our Hawai'i Cultural Resources Program to work on projects throughout the Hawaiian Islands. The position is temporary, and work is currently dependent upon project needs, with the potential to evolve into a full time, permanent position. Compensation will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
What you will accomplish
The ideal candidate should have experience in conducting ethnohistoric research and possess a detailed knowledge of Hawaiian culture. Successful applicants must be able to undertake ethnohistoric background research, conduct oral history interviews, and assist in the preparation of Traditional Cultural Properties Studies, Cultural Impact Assessments, Cultural Assessments, Ka Pa'akai Analyses, and the cultural components of Environmental Assessments.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, Hawaiian studies, or a closely related field
- Up to one year or more of relevant experience
- Detailed knowledge of Hawaiian culture and traditional history
- The ability to conduct archival research
- Familiarity with historic document sources (Māhele land records. historic survey maps, etc.)
- Experience conducting oral history interviews preferred
- The ability to assist in the preparation of technical reports
- Hawai'i language proficiency preferred
- Must live in Hawai'i
- Must have a current and valid driver's license, with the ability to drive multiple types of vehicles, trucks, and 4x4's
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this Honolulu, HI based position can expect an hourly rate of $22.05-$28.35. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA's Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.