Assistant/Associate Professor of Anthropology (Archaeology)
- Eastern New Mexico University
- 88130, Portales
- Depends on Qualifications
- Closing date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Applied Anthropology
- Organization Type
Eastern New Mexico University’s (ENMU) Department of Anthropology and Applied Archaeology invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor of Anthropology to begin Fall 2023. ENMU seeks candidates with a focus on the archaeology of the Greater Southwest and adjoining regions and knowledge of cultural resource management applications. Willingness and ability to work with existing regional collections are a plus. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence and the ability to establish a research program that engages students in applied and/or basic research. Rank and salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a residential appointment and campus presence is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a range of undergraduate and graduate courses in anthropology archaeology, and cultural resource management/historic preservation
- Establish an active research program which provides practical training and applied and/or basic research experiences for undergraduate and graduate students
- Mentor M.A. students in thesis and capstone projects
- Assist department with academic planning, curricular design, and program development
- Assist with the department’s recruitment and retention efforts
- Direct archaeological field schools in collaboration with department faculty
- Serve on departmental, college and university committees
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Anthropology or closely related field
- The ability to teach archaeology and anthropology for students at all degree levels
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and willingness to teach using traditional, hybrid or online distance education technologies
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Clear plans for an active research program
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Knowledge of cultural resource management/historic preservation/heritage studies
- Willingness and ability to work with existing regional collections
- Experience teaching and mentoring undergraduate and M.A. students
- Expertise and experience with GIS
- Familiarity with Native American groups and NAGPRA applications
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
This employer does prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation/preference.
This employer does prohibit discrimination based on gender identity/expression.
This employer does not offer health insurance benefits to eligible partners.
This employer does not appear on the AAUP list of censured institutions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert