Department of Sociology at Peking University invites applications for one faculty appointment of anthropology at the rank of Assistant Professor to start as early as fall 2023. The area of expertise is open.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Anthropology or related fields or have successfully defended the dissertation. The successful candidates should demonstrate the potential to conduct cutting-edge research in subfields/area(s) of their expertise and to teach relevant undergraduate/graduate courses.
- Applicants should submit:
- Application letter with signature; Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificate of their doctoral degree (or proof of successfully defending their dissertation);
- Statement of research agenda for next 3 to 5 years;
- 3 to 5 research papers/published works;
- Teaching dossier demonstrating teaching interests, teaching records (and evaluation records are preferred), and a list of possible courses they could teach.
All application materials should be submitted to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Three to five academic referees should directly send their reference letters to the email address above. All the materials should be received by May 06, 2021.
Peking University is among the top research institutions in China since its establishment in 1898. The faculty at the Department of Sociology has been taking leading roles in sociology, anthropology, and social work for decades and working on the most cutting-edge and relevant research rooted in both China’s context and global scope. These same faculty members have made the department one of the leading institutions in understanding the most relevant social issues and influencing social policies in China. We aim to be the destination and supportive community for ambitious and excellent scholars and sincerely encourage potential candidates to apply for the position.
Contact: Yuting Zhou
Department Website: http://www.shehui.pku.edu.cn/