Anthropology Intern - Environmental Services (Kansas City)
- Burns & McDonnell
- Raytown, Missouri
- Closing date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Environmental Anthropology
- Organization Type
Our Anthropology Interns are responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard archaeological techniques and procedures. Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with archaeological and historical pre-field investigation research and preparation
- Performing archaeological field studies in a variety of vibrant locales
- Practicing soil identification and description
- Assisting with archaeological site recording
- Conducting data and artifact analysis, GIS analysis, curation, preservation, and cataloguing duties
- Assist in the preparation of deliverables such as survey reports, site forms, and desktop reviews.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pursuit of Bachelor's or Master's degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or related degree from an accredited program with at least one year of post-secondary education.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related archaeological/cultural resources experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel and perform archaeological field work. Must be able to walk up to 10 miles a day and dig shovel tests in a variety of settings.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert