is seeking highly motivated Cultural Resource Specialist
to join our global consulting firm as part of our Cultural Resources Field Services team. This is a full-time, salary-based position. Applicants are preferred to be local to California and familiar with the California regulatory processes.
California archaeological field experience including construction monitoring is highly desired. Successful candidates must be flexible and responsive to a challenging and changing work environment where schedules and tasks fluctuate according to the needs of the projects and clients. Based in California, the successful candidate will provide technical assistance for archaeological desk and field studies for clients within the United States. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct research and writing for cultural resource heritage components of CEQA, NHPA Section 106, and NEPA documents for projects for private and government sector clients.
- Perform literature review, field reconnaissance, field surveys, and excavation for archaeological studies.
- Interact with the California Office of Historic Preservation (OHP) and retrieve information using the California Historical Resource Information System (CHRIS).
- Provide technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM's business and client base in the area of archaeology and cultural heritage.
- Interact with other ERM practice areas to share multi-disciplinary resources and best practices across the country.
- Represent ERM through communications and at meetings with state, federal and local agencies.
- Communicate regularly with clients via email and phone conferences.
- Oversee field studies and manage subcontractors.
- Assist with preparing proposals to meet client needs.
Who We Are:
- Bachelors degree in Anthropology or related field.
- 3 to 4 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to carry research to completion.
- Must have strong attention to detail in documentation of work.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agency personnel preferred.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrated business development abilities.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Extensive travel within California and western United States could be required.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!