Assistant Professor Position in Anthropology and Climate Change
- Case Western Reserve University
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Closing date
- Mar 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty, Pre-Tenure
- General Anthropology
- Full Time
- Environmental Anthropology
- Organization Type
- Level of Experience
The Department of Anthropology in the College of Arts and Sciences at Case Western Reserve University (https://anthropology.case.edu/) invites applications for a tenure track position at the rank of assistant professor beginning in the 2023-2024 academic year.
We seek candidates with expertise in the field of climate change and human health. Global climate change constitutes the most significant health crisis of our lifetimes, with far reaching impacts across human experiences. Candidates should demonstrate expertise in one aspect of the impact of climate change on health. Geographic or culture area is open.
We anticipate that the successful candidate will contribute to undergraduate major and interdisciplinary programs and will have the opportunity to work with faculty in other departments across the College and University who share research interests in climate change, its impacts, and its solutions.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential for research, publication, and extramural funding. The normal teaching load is two courses per semester and includes teaching undergraduate and graduate students. Candidates will supervise graduate students at the MA and PhD level.
Candidates must hold a Ph.D. or comparable degree by date of appointment. Fall semester classes begin 28th August 2023.
Submit applications via InterFolio at apply.interfolio.com/114717. Send other correspondence to Janet W. McGrath, Chair, Anthropology (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications will begin November 15, 2022 but will continue until the position is filled.
A complete application includes:
1) A cover letter a describing one’s qualifications and potential contribution to teaching and research in the Department
2) A CV
3) The names of two references who agree to be contacted for letters of recommendation
4) A diversity statement requested of applicants for all positions in The College of Arts and Sciences . All applicants submit a diversity statement describing how their research, teaching, and/or service might contribute to diversity, equity and inclusion within their scholarly field(s) and/or how their individual and/or collaborative efforts may promote structural justice inside and outside institutions of higher learning. This statement should also reflect on the ways in which the candidate’s continued efforts will foster a culture of diversity, pluralism, and individual difference at Case Western Reserve University into the future.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Equity at 216.368.3066 with their request. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert