- The Great Basin Institute
- Bryce Canyon, Utah
- Closing date
- Jan 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Archivist / Curator / Librarian
- Biological Anthropology, Cultural Anthropology
- Full Time
- Organization Type
The Great Basin Institute (GBI) is hiring a Processing Archivist Research Associate (RA) to work cooperatively with The National Park Service’s Bryce Canyon National Park (BRCA) Cultural Resource Program staff in support of multiple archives projects.
The Processing Archivist responsibilities will have a strong emphasis on processing (including, but not limit to, appraising, arranging, rehousing, and preservation) and describing record groups of Bryce Canyon National Park records. Work would include appropriate arrangement of archival records to (1) provide a fixed and known location for every collection so that it can be referenced, and (2) bring related materials together in some logical order to increase accessibility.
- Process, arrange, describe, and provide access to physical and digital archival collection according to NPS museum and records management policies and procedures that are specifically related to previous and ongoing projects at the park according to current Processing Plans
- Uses Interior Collection Management System to enter, retrieve, manipulate, and compile archives data;
- Learns and utilizes records appraisal guided by standardized documentation like NPS-19 and the REIM guide;
- Learns and utilizes archival description to the DACS standard and writes metadata for collections;
- Performs collection recordkeeping such as preliminary inventories, processing plans, and creating finding aids;
- Assists with research requests both in-house and through email;
- Creates section 508 compliant finding aids to publish online. Increases digital accessibility for researchers and the public.
- Additionally, the Processing Archivist assists the Museum Curator and BRCA Lead Archivist with broader museum and archives tasks, including annual inventories, collection tours, rehousing collections, pest management, and environmental monitoring
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert