- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process . Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process . Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants (https://hr.psu.edu/sites/hr/files/Application\Process\for\External\Applications\Non-Penn\State\Employees.pdf) .
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Department of Anthropology (http://anth.la.psu.edu) of The Pennsylvania State University invites applications for Part-Time Lecturer to teach on a semester-by-semester basis for the academic year.
- Teach undergraduate resident and/or World Campus courses in Anthropology.
- Typically teach one to two courses per semester.
Requirement and Qualifications
- A Master's degree or higher in a related field.
- Demonstrated a commitment to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse campus community, or describe one or more ways they would envision doing so, given the opportunity.
- Applications must include a letter of application detailing relevant qualifications for this job and a curriculum vitae.
These are semester-by-semester, non-tenure track appointments with the possibility of reappointment. For a more detailed description of the department, please visit our website at http://anth.la.psu.edu/. Review of applications will begin immediately and be ongoing through the 2022-2023 Year as needed.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here (https://police.psu.edu/annual-security-reports) .
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster (https://affirmativeaction.psu.edu/files/2022/01/Federal-Contractors-Labor-Law-Poster.pdf)
PA State Labor Law Poster
Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements (https://hr.psu.edu/careers/covid-19-vaccine-reqs)
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements (https://hr.psu.edu/careers/covid-19-vaccine-reqs) to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
Affirmative Action (https://policy.psu.edu/policies/hr11)
Penn State Policies
Copyright Information (https://www.psu.edu/copyright-information)
University Park, PA