is seeking an entry level Archaeologist
for an immediate opening to work on various projects throughout the United States with a focus on Projects in Texas and Louisiana
. Working with an experienced Archaeologist, the successful candidate will conduct Phase I, II, and III archaeological fieldwork and office-based activities, including documenting and evaluating archaeological sites for eligibility for listing in the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP), and assessing project effects under the provisions of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA). This individual will also participate in project planning and logistics, and prepare appropriate report sections detailing the survey findings and assessment of resources. Assignments will be field and office-based, with the expectation that up to 70 percent or more of the time will be in the field, especially during peak survey season. This is an excellent opportunity for a junior professional looking to start their career and grow with a global environmental consulting and sustainability leader. ERM is seeking an individual to be based in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Austin, or Houston, though other geographies will be considered for the ideal candidate, as will hiring more than one candidate to fulfil ERMs needs.RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Archaeologist will support cultural resource projects, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Planning, developing, and performing surveys for project areas and archaeological sites.
- Conducting all levels of field survey, with the primary focus on Phase I survey.
- Walking long distances in challenging conditions (e.g. weather, topography, environment).
- Preparing appropriate sections of cultural resources reports describing the survey and analysis of archaeological sites.
- Preparation of state specific forms.
- Complying with corporate Health and Safety.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
- M.A. or M. S. in archaeology, anthropology or related field.
- Meet Secretary of the Interior's Standards for professional qualifications in archaeology.
- Completion of an archaeological field school.
- 1 year of experience is equivalent to 2 years of education.
- 1-3 years of experience in Phase I, Phase II, and/or Phase III archaeological fieldwork.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Experience as a crew chief or field director.
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and on varied terrain, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work weekends and over 40 hours per week when needed.
- Ability to travel frequently and on short notice.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently, and to take initiative to meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability as a technical writer.
- Periodic drug and alcohol testing required.
Who We Are:
- Basic knowledge of prehistoric and historic artifacts assemblages.
- Experience with digital SLR cameras.
- GIS, graphics, and/or database experience.
- A basic interest in Architectural History.
- Basic knowledge of archaeological survey needs for federal and state agencies such as USACE, NPS, FERC, or FCC.
- Experience with completing SHPO site forms and data entry.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!