Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is currently looking for a Forensic Anthropologist at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI
A successful candidate will support the Defense Prisoner of War/Missing in Action (POW/MIA) Accounting Agency (DPAA) by conducting anthropological analysis to assist in the identification of remains, including those from large commingled assemblages, of U.S. service members lost during past conflicts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a forensic anthropologist providing professional, scientific leadership to a team engaged in forensic and biological anthropological studies and investigations
- Correlate investigative evidence with laboratory findings to achieve identification of casualties
- Prepare professional-level reports to higher authorities detailing analytical findings
- Work closely with other analysts and members of staff.
- Travel nationally and internationally, if required (approximately 5-10% of time)
- Protect the organization's value and reputation by keeping information confidential
- Follow all client policies and procedures
- Perform other duties, as required
- B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. in anthropology, or a related field
- Experience in osteological analysis and development of biological profiles and ancestry
- Some experience in forensic casework would be beneficial, but is not required
- Have experience of osteological analysis and a thorough grasp of the methods used to create a biological profile
- Have a demonstrated history of research dissemination via conferences and publications
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to adapt communication styles to different audiences
- Take a precise approach to recording analytical results and findings
- Have experience working independently with minimal direction or supervision
- Have experience supporting and anticipating client needs and demonstrating problem-solving skills
- Have experience performing tasks under tight deadlines and managing shifting priorities
- Be able to work well in a team environment
- Be proficient in MS Word, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Excel, FORDISC, and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- The above experience should demonstrate the capability to deliver products under conditions of high operational tempo, frequently adjusting priorities and flux in requirements, on time. It should also demonstrate the ability to interface effectively with senior members of external organizations to develop and support technical positions, to justify technical recommendations, and communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc\self\print_poster.pdf)
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement