SOM KC Family Medicine
Job Family Group:
The Research Associate (RA) will work closely with the PI, Project Director and Communities Organizing to Promote Equity (COPE) project team to assist coordinating and assisting activities in 20 counties across Kansas. The primary goals of the COPE Project is to strengthen the role of communities in the public health response to COVID-19 to increase equitable access to COVID-19 testing, vaccination, and referrals to address social needs. The RA will assist with providing technical assistance and guidance. The RA will also assist with literature reviews, manuscript and abstract preparation, scientific writing and grant reporting and writing. Approximately 20% FTE will be dedicated to supporting COVID-19 related research projects conducted in Kenya.
As a part of your application, please provide a scientific writing sample-published article (1st or 2nd author), report or thesis paper.
- Master's degree in public health, sociology, anthropology, psychology, gender studies or a related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and attending to details.
- Ability to interact effectively with research team.
- Organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Broad based knowledge of computer application for word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
- Strong organizational and data management skills, experience with excel, SPSS or other statistical software
- Strong writing skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills, cultural awareness and sensitivity, and a collaborative team member.
- Experience working with a culturally diverse populations, primary care settings and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Track record of publications or evidence of scientific writing
- Experience working in Kenya or other African countries and/or experience working with people living with HIV
Job Duties Outlined:
- Work with PI and project team to execute new Communities Organizing to Promote Equity
- Assist with data management activities for the project
- Participate in all other projects developed by the study team
- Collaborate on presentations and publications of study findings
- Disseminate publications with the team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Cover Letter
- As a part of your application, please provide a scientific writing sample-published article (1st or 2nd author), report or thesis paper.
$46,000.00 - $69,000.00