LACMA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who provides administrative support to the Rights and Reproductions department by processing invoices, tracking payments, researching copyright holder contact information, maintaining department digital and physical records, updating TMS, mailing out exhibition catalogues and fulfilling external digital photo requests.
- Researches current copyright holder contact information and updates that information in The Museum System (TMS) and communicates incoming information from artists/estates to the relevant LACMA department
- Receives and fulfills digital photography requests from LACMA's photo licensing agent, Art Resource and works with the Photo Services department to coordinate more complex requests or new photography
- Works with Senior Rights and Reproductions staff to review the copyright status of annual art acquisitions and sends out limited license forms
- Generates image licensing agreements for Ancient Americas at LACMA materials using license templates and coordinates with requestors to confirm information and provide image files
- Reviews incoming internal work orders and assigns them to R&R staff as appropriate
- Maintain the departments digital and physical files, ensuring file naming conventions are consistent.
- Works with LACMA archivist and Collections Information department to ensure that completed project files are archived properly
- Processes and tracks the payment of invoices and occasional purchase orders, and occasionally works with Finance department to generate invoices and professional service agreements
- Mails out exhibition catalogues to copyright holders/ photo sources
- Orders office and shipping supplies for the R&R department
- May be assigned additional special projects, as needed
- Professional level of knowledge in a related field and/or a college degree, preferably in the areas of Studio Art/Photography, Art History, Anthropology, Archaeology, or Contract Law.
- Museum experience preferred
- Must have excellent research, data entry skills and a high level of organizational ability
- additional language skills are a plus.