Adjunct Faculty Pool - Anthropology, Geography, and Sociology Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Job Title Adjunct Faculty Pool - Anthropology, Geography, and Sociology
Classification Title ADJUNCT FACULTY
Rank Adjunct Instructor
Tenure Information Non-Tenure Track
Full Time/Part Time
This is a full-time or part-time position that is awarded on a semester basis and is used to fill temporary vacancies. Responsible for teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the chair.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares and delivers classes to undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations.
- Provides services to the university and the profession.
- May conduct supplemental instructional activities such as independent studies, internships, and advising.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- May supervise the work of students and/or graduate assistants.
- May serve on departmental, college, and university committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the field in which the individual will be teaching.
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with students
Master's degree in the field in which the individual will be teaching is required. Some fields may allow applicable practical experience to substitute for a master's degree.
Required Experience and Training
Practical experience sufficient to teach at a university level, through teaching or profession, is required.
Terminal degree is preferred. Experience teaching at a university level is preferred.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
This is a security-sensitive position subject to criminal record check.
This is an IT-sensitive position subject to the Computer and Network Security policy.
Teaching may be face-to-face or online.
Required Background Check Yes
Salary Information Commensurate with Experience
Benefit and Retirement Eligibility
This position is eligible for participation in the Optional Retirement Program ( ORP ), subject to the position being full-time and at least 4 ½ months in length, or the Teacher Retirement System of Texas ( TRS ) retirement plan, subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F2020-177
Candidates Eligible to Apply Open to all qualified applicants
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Open Date 12/18/2020
Review Start Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Quick Link https://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/6156
Department Anthropology, Geography, & Sociology
Contact Name Ray Darville
Contact Phone (936) 468-2256
Contact Email email@example.com
Contact Information Applicants will be contacted by the hiring department if selected for an interview If you have technical questions about this job posting, please contact HR at (936) 468-2304.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Which field do you hold a degree in?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have teaching in higher education and in what field?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3