Eastern New Mexico University’s (ENMU) Department of Anthropology and Applied Archaeology invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Anthropology (Forensic or Biological), who will also serve as the Director of our undergraduate Forensic Science Program. Rank and salary will be commensurate with experience. The position entails a .25 administrative release, and a 3/3 teaching load. ENMU seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. The Forensic Science Program is a specialized program in the Anthropology Department, which requires close coordination between the director and the department chair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a range of general undergraduate and graduate courses in anthropology, forensic science, and biological anthropology Academic planning, curricular design, and program development; program assessment and reporting, in collaboration with program faculty Assist with recruitment and retention efforts As needed, supervise graduate research and thesis writing, and assigned graduate assistant(s) Opportunity to work with the Forensic Science Society and other student organizations, including serving as a faculty advisor
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Biological Anthropology or related field of Forensic Science preferred (ABD will be considered) Preference given to candidates with experience in the application of osteological analyses in a medicolegal setting Previous teaching experience at the college level preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and willingness to teach using traditional and, as needed, hybrid or online distance education technologies Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated leadership abilities and/or administrative experience Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills Knowledge about the analysis of human remains Familiarity with Native American groups and NAGPRA applications is a plus
Application Review Date: Open until filled; review of applications begins immediately with a January 2023 start date preferred
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through this page: https://www.enmu.edu/about/employment-and-hr/employment-opportunities . Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
- Letter of interest outlining qualifications Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University's non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer Jessica Small at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu