Looking for an opportunity to bring your behavioural science expertise to healthcare market research and consultancy? Branding Science is looking for an Associate Director, Behavioural Science to join our Plainsboro office. The Associate Director, Behavioural Science Position
The Associate Director, Behavioural Science is a dedicated subject matter expert (SME) who supports research and consultancy teams on client projects and proposals. The Associate Director's role is hands-on, providing teams with critical guidance on the application of behavioural science-based research methodologies and conceptual approaches, and functioning as a client-facing SME on projects with a heavy behavioural science component.
The Associate Director also assists in special projects that are conducted as part of the development of new behavioural science-based innovations or for the purpose of demonstrating thought leadership on behavioural science applications for the healthcare industry.
The role requires a balance of deep behavioural science knowledge, technical research skills, strategic thinking, and industry experience, combined with an ability to work collaboratively with clients and internal teams, and an understanding of how to make behavioural science useful in solving healthcare marketing and market research problems - all while staying faithful to the science itself.
The successful candidate is therefore someone who:
- Has deep respect for, and understanding of, behavioural science - both its strengths and limitations - and sees the value it can bring in solving our clients' business challenges
- Is passionate about using behavioural science to understand what makes our clients' customers tick
- Can use their subject matter expertise to design projects, both with and without primary research, that can generate deep insights into healthcare customer behaviour
- Knows how to transform insights from behavioural science applications into unique recommendations that can be implemented in our client's marketing efforts
- Thinks both strategically and practically so that applications of the science stay focused on the client's business challenges and are feasible to implement
- Enjoys rolling up their sleeves to engage in boots-on-the-ground problem solving and project execution
As Branding Science is a global company, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with colleagues in the UK, EU, and Pacific Rim offices, as well as with staff based in the US.Key Responsibilities
- Execute and educate on key behavioural science-based methods and service offerings within the company, and contribute to their continued refinement and development
- Take a client-facing role as behavioural science SME on research and consultancy projects
- Collaborate with teams to help them understand clients' business problems from a behavioural science angle, extract behavioural insights from data, and formulate strategic and tactical recommendations from those insights
- Contribute to the design, materials development, and execution of qualitative and quantitative research studies involving behavioural science-based approaches and methods
- Take part in proposal writing and pitch presentation, presenting project outputs to clients, and participating in client workshops where behavioural science applications are involved
About Branding Science
- Postgraduate degree in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or a related social science field, with a strong research component; Ph.D. preferred
- 7+ years' experience in marketing or market research, preferably on the supplier or agency side, with at least 4 years' experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry
- Broad base of behavioural science knowledge relevant to understanding physician decision-making and patient or healthcare consumer behaviour
- Deep knowledge of research methodologies from the behavioural sciences for studying cognition, emotion, motivation, decision-making, personality, social influence, etc.
- Strong knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative market research methods, particularly as used in the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute primary research in an applied context
- A desire to work in a client-focused, commercial environment
- High level of self-motivation, enthusiasm, and a desire to meet and exceed goals
- The ability to handle multiple priorities
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficiency with tools for quantitative research (e.g., SPSS, STATA, R) highly desired
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as required
Branding Science is a global specialty healthcare market research and consultancy firm. We are a truly global company with headquarters in London, UK, and with offices in Plainsboro, San Francisco, Boston, Germany, the Philippines, and Japan. We seamlessly integrate brand consultancy with customer and patient insights so that our clients' strategic choices are made with confidence. Our partnership ensures the right questions are asked in the right way to the right people to deliver on our clients' promise of positive change for patients.
Powered by JazzHR