Visiting Assistant Professor - Cultural Anthropology
The Department of Anthropology welcomes qualified applicants for a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor position focused on Cultural Anthropology. The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of topical courses appropriate to their qualifications and complementing the Department’s four-field approach. Additional face-to-face and/or online courses are possible during the summer 2022 and 2023 terms.
- Ph.D. or ABD status in Anthropology or related field
- Record of undergraduate teaching experience in relevant courses
- Experience, ability, and demonstrated commitment to cultivating learning environments that are equitable and inclusive of students from diverse backgrounds and social identities.
- Specialty or subspecialty in Cultural Anthropology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach one or more classes such as: Native American Perspectives, Asian Perspectives, Sex and gender in Society, Visual Anthropology, Anthropology of Childhood, and Intro to Cultural Anthropology.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please apply here: https://hr.wwu.edu/careers-faculty?job=499735
A cover letter and curriculum vitae are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications.
You will be asked to provide contact information of three references.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; review will begin May 31, 2022