Under the instruction of the Director of Donor Experience Insights & Strategies (DXIS), the Sr. Research Manager is responsible for the execution of multiple customer experience research projects with rigor and accountability. Project work involves complex research design, data collection, analysis, and reporting to help guide program development, marketing strategies, and customer services. The Sr. Research Manager leads and prioritizes a portfolio of new and evergreen projects, including oversight of research support staff. The Sr. Research Manager builds strong relationships with internal clients, partners, and 3rd party companies. This role serves as a research partner to all departments and collaborates with the Enterprise Research Council (ERC) to share expertise in methods and tools and provide strategic advice to ALSAC leadership from primary research. The Sr. Research Manager leads research strategy development of projects as delegated by the Chief Donor Officer, Executive Director of Donor
Experience, or Director of Insights & Strategy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Designs and leads the execution of multiple customer experience research projects.
2. Manages research design, analysis, and reporting and all related activities and associated timelines and milestones.
3. Monitors progress of support and 3rd party staff and provides regular updates to Donor Experience leadership.
4. Manages communications with business clients, research partners, and vendors, as needed.
5. Manages research-related workshops, training, and presentations.
6. Oversees accurate processing of all invoices.
- Knowledge usually acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences (e.g., anthropology, psychology, sociology) and 5-7 years experience in applied research. Master's in social sciences preferred
- Proven ability to organize, translate, and present complex quantitative/qualitative, mixed methods research design, analysis, and reporting to senior executives as an individual and as part of a team
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of research projects, including out-sourced activities
- Demonstrates skills necessary for strategic thinking and being solution oriented
- Strong competency of statistical analysis and data visualization software
- Ability to manage staff, activities, and meet deadlines for multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations
- Must be able to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations
- Understand difficult verbal or written instructions
- Must demonstrate proficiency in data processing applications (Microsoft Office products)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality