Disney Streaming Services brings our beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events directly to people on their own terms. User experience research is a critical part of understanding how our viewers want to connect with those stories and the people with whom they experience those stories.
As a UX Researcher || at Disney Streaming Services, you will work on products used by millions of Disney+ customers each year across the world. As a user advocate, you will work together with the UXR strategy team to guide and influence the short and long-term product strategy. You have a deep passion for uncovering user needs and jobs and use them to create user empathy within the organization. As a UX Researcher || you are comfortable defining and conducting rigorous research efforts that translate into impactful insights and strategic solutions for the organization. Working within a product design organization you will determine the best approach for translating research findings into actionable outputs.
- Collaborate with Design & Product teams to be the tip of the spear in understanding and quantifying the behavior, needs and goals of our viewers.
- Design and execute a wide variety of research projects ranging from early discovery and ideation to design validation.
- Generate insights, recommendations and presentations to influence and inspire product decisions and designs.
- Work with other researchers to create strategic customer frameworks curated from individual research projects.
- Help inform and spread our thinking and approach in conducting effective user research, from guerrilla to formalized.
- Work alongside with your team to pioneer, perfect and codify the use of innovative new research methods for the team.
- Design engaging workshops with internal teams to create cross-functional alignment and ideate solutions based on known user needs
- Run strategic workshops with design and external partners, including, but not limited to, alignment, blue sky ideation, co-creation, etc.
- Develop impactful presentation decks that help visualize user stories while increasing research understanding (and impact) within the organization
- Build trust and effective relationships with cross-functional teams
Basic Qualifications :
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of strategic and generative design research methods, including but not limited to ethnographic field studies, contextual inquiries, diary studies, survey design, and qualitative concept testing
- Familiar with quantitative concept testing, card sorting, A/B testing, usability, benchmarking, competitive analysis, etc.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in Design Thinking practices, processes and frameworks.
- Experience facilitating Design Thinking workshops and crash courses.
- Adept at creating compelling mixed methods frameworks that describe qualitative and quantitative research findings.
- Able to conduct multiple projects or initiatives with some guidance
- Proven success communicating research findings and insights effectively to peers, managers, directors and above to drive consensus, alignment and strategy.
- Passionate about your craft and adopting (where it makes sense) industry innovations.
- Excellent at communicating research findings, insights, recommendations and methodology.
- A collaborator and partner with peers in product, design and engineering, working closely with them to establish the right goals and research questions, as well as bringing them along in the synthesis process.
- Self motivated, can work independently in defining their process and delivery milestones.
- 2+ years experience in applied product/design research, or equivalent education.
- You have a demonstrable track record of a variety of generative and/or evaluative research methods.
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Cognitive Science, Design Strategy, Research Strategy, Anthropology or related field. Ph.D. or Master's degree a plus
Job ID: 960973BR
Location: New York,New York
Job Posting Company: Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.