The Research Assistant is a shared resource for the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care will work with faculty and research staff to initiate Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions for human subjects research. This position will complete continuing reviews, submit protocol modifications including staff changes and close out protocols. Additionally, the Research Assistant will be responsible for all regulatory compliance for human subjects research.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Process lab samples, order supplies, maintain inventory.
- Works with investigators on submitting required IRB/regulatory paperwork for clinical trials.
- Assists with sponsored studies.
- Assists with ongoing problem solving by evaluating issues and developing solutions.
- Acts as liaison and point-of-contact between principal investigator, other entities, and IRB.
- Promotes information sharing among research staff and investigators regarding human subject protection issues.
- Provides support with recruiting and enrolling subjects in clinical trials. This position is in charge of identifying subjects for enrollment and performing the consent process.
- Assists with the development or revision of consent forms.
- Provide and/or obtain requested information regarding human subjects research regulation.
- Assistant will maintain study logs and research data sources.
- Assist with collect and maintain data from clinical trials and keep organized records of data that has been collected.
- Check research binders for compliance with IRB requirements and agreement with written protocols, disseminate new information or changes related to IRB requirements, develop and/or update tools to facilitate IRB submissions.
- Drafts responses to RCO audits and IRB contingencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in any of the social or behavioral sciences such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, health science, or related field plus three (3) years of research or research administration experience OR
- High School diploma/GED plus seven (7) years of research or research administration experience required.
- Basic computer skills (Windows-based operating system).
- Knowledge of planning, research, and analysis techniques and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply institutional, state, and federal laws and regulations regarding specialized area of work.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Laboratory Environment, Inside Medical Facility Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Not required
Hazards: Biological, Chemical, Electrical, Sharp objects/tools