Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of an agile team that enables our employees to support our customers and their missions.
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Socio-Cultural Analyst for specified Areas of Interest (AOI) and provide detailed socio-cultural advice, expertise, and analysis of populations and their relationships with Violent Extremist Groups (VEOs), Transnational Criminal Organizations (TCOs), and local Governments in support of deployed forces and staff.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing atmospheric information highlighting major components of human society (economic, demographic, legal/regulatory, political/institutional, social/cultural, religious/ideogical
- Research, analyze, and prepare analytical products
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs), through Intelligence Studies, Desk Notes, PowerPoint briefings, and textual analyses
- Conduct tactical, operational, and strategic analysis; identify exploitable operational opportunities within the socio-cultural fabric of an AOI tailored for use within an asymmetric environment
- Respond to socio-cultural taskings and fuse socio-cultural analysis with other intelligence/disciplines into comprehensive, finished intelligence products
- Provide products in accordance with Defense Intelligence Analysis Production (DIAP) 360G (socio-cultural)
- Attend conferences, workshops, and meetings in support of the customer's objectives
- Travel with the customer and/or designated staff to countries in the AOR to provide real-time cultural intelligence (norms, customs, and values), assist with cross-cultural idiosyncrasies, and facilitate interactions and engagement with senior partner nation officials and representatives.
#jicsoc01Required Education, Experience, & Skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Graduate-level degree (MA/MS) in a social science discipline or 5+ years on a PAS or SCA team.
- 10 years' SCA experience
- 8 years' experience with social/cultural studies (e.g., anthropology, sociology, political science, etc.) or development economics.
- 8 years' IC or DOD intelligence experience with analysis, reporting and briefing in DOD settings
- 2 years' experience working in a multi-skilled team environment collaborating on the production of intelligence analysis
- Intermediate level certification on ArcGIS, analysts have a working knowledge and skills necessary to process GIS data and conduct spatial analysis, suitability analysis and create maps.
- 3 years' experience using Anthro Mapper
- Current Top-Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Must have valid US Passport
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.