Description - External
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth. Job Description Summary
Pertains to Customer Experience (CX) responsible for supporting the operational customer experience program across the largest two lines of business within Bank of the West focused on our Consumer and Small Business groups, this includes supporting other areas such as Contact Center, Personal Finance, Real Estate, Product and Credit Card which support the Enterprise (all lines of business). This includes the design of surveys as well as other methods of customer measurement, analysis of customer and operational data, dashboard and report design/optimization as well as stakeholder reporting and relationship management. Support cross functional work with not only the lines of business, but also teams such as marketing, communications, digital and technology groups. Conduct statistical analysis as well as the creation of dashboards and ad hoc reports to support key business stakeholders.
In partnership with LOB senior leaders, responsible for helping in the implementation of LOB CX strategy, planning and managing customer experience projects designed to elevate and differentiate the Bank of the West customer experience. As a customer advocate, examine customers' journeys, touchpoints so that there can be we can improved, sustainable and standardized experiences. Use customer insights to help inform decisions to improve customers' experiences. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, skilled in problem definition and providing actionable insights to help inform decisions to improve our customers' experiences. Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Customer Experience Data & Reporting Support ongoing analysis and reporting structure defined by our overall CX Strategy. Conduct statistical analysis including descriptive statistics and correlation. Provide recommendations on proper survey design and research methodology across multiple channels (e.g., email-to web).
- Cross-Functional Stakeholder Work Partner cross-functionally to advice and support key business stakeholders with ongoing ad hoc research and reporting needs. Translate complex customer data into actionable insights and deliver to stakeholders in a prescriptive way. Conduct investigation to understand root cause of problems that can span a wide range of unique issues across the business. Partner with the business, identify needs, create mockup, and review with the head of CX and present to the business as needed.
- Responsible for being a data driven customer advocate who knows how to both understand the customer and create the solutions they want. Build and manage a best-in-class Insights practice that promotes the needs of customers and, by extension, support the needs of business. Builds and continuously improve processes to gather customer insights in order to identify growth opportunities and optimize efficiencies.
- Leverage primary and secondary research, analytics and market insights to understand what matters to customers and bring these insights into various teams within Bank of the West to create customer-obsessed experiences.
- Gather, understand and leverage insights from both quantitative and qualitative data using innovative methodologies to support experience redesign.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to build a deep and nuanced understanding of current and future customers to inform how a LOB optimizes experiences across customers' journey for all products.
- Analyze, design, and implement changes to points of interaction between the customer and the company to enhance customer experience with company services and products.
- Identify and communicate areas of improvements in client experience to enhance products and services. Serves as customer advocate and recommends and implements client feedback that influences and supports business decisions. Presents findings to all levels of the organization in a compelling and informative manner in order to develop strategic recommendations for consumer and small business segments.
- Creates dashboards within the Voices (Medallia) platform that visualize and "tell the story" to LOB stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business leaders and cross-functional teams as a customer advocate to integrate client feedback and experience metrics into decisions on processes, products, and service offerings to improve client usability, satisfaction, and loyalty. Requires ability to influence others outside of own job area on policies, practices and procedures.
Qualifications - External Education
- May reach out to customers, interact with website users, and/or conduct focus group meetings to vet ideas and prototype solutions before implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree business, economics, social science, mathematics, anthropology or related field
- 10 yrs. experience. Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience within a customer-focused organization supporting customer experience/ customer insights.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough understanding of data and technology advancements needed to drive strategic decision-making.
- Advanced analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills; ability to present analysis including trends and opportunities to clients and the business in writing and verbally. Ability to translate research into insights, informing projects with measurable impact on business, services and customer experience.
- Strong understanding of statistical techniques such as correlation and regression.
- Strong understanding of research methodology including survey design. Ability to plan and conduct quantitative research studies.
- Deep knowledge and/or quick uptake in working with relational databases, database structures and data analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization.
- A positive disposition and ability to relate well with others.
- In-depth knowledge of both qualitative and qualitative research methodology and analysis including, but not limited to: Study design considerations Interviewing best practices Focus group facilitation and data analysis
- Online community creation and development Net promoter system (NPS) Univariate and multivariate analysis
- Great data visualization skills to help bring stories to life.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.