KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
Scope & Impact
- Full understanding of consumer behavior, attitudes, and shopping habits to address and fulfil unmeet consumer needs; in other words, you'll be the voice of the consumer.
- Convert learnings across multiple and disparate sources of information into persuasive and concise storytelling, both written and verbal, that drives action at all levels of the organization.
- Identify and translate business obstacles into research objectives, design, execution, analyses, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of market research principles and practices with demonstrated capabilities in both qualitative, quantitative, and secondary research
- Applies agile research methodologies and problem-solving approaches to meet challenging project deadlines (i.e., technologies, methodologies, secondary platforms, etc.).
- Evaluates competitor products, marketing methods and strategies. Based on analysis and identification of consumer pain points, collaborates with the business partners on what actions should be taken to improve the consumer experience.
- Develop training sessions to educate the organization on most efficient ways to leverage insights to drive value of research and insights across the enterprise.
- Controls and monitors costs to manage the budget at the initiative and/or project level.
- Develops RFPs and compares bids for services required with outside vendors, selects vendors based on vendor's ability to execute the research and provide strategic value to the company.
The Consumer Insights Manager is responsible for delivering consumer and customer insights that will guide the company's strategies and decisions. This key role will have significant impact on the enterprise as we continue to distinguish various brands (La-Z-Boy $1.7 billion, Joybird $110m+, Kincaid, Hammary, England Furniture Co $100+m), markets (North America, Europe, Asia), and functional areas of impact (Innovation, Merchandising, Sales, Marketing) - touching every aspect of the consumer experience.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Market Research, or related business discipline with 8-10 years of relevant experience including 3-5 years of supervisory/leadership experience or equivalent
- Prior expeirence in market research at a CPG, retail, or consulting industry, or equivalent.
- Direct experience with the full mix of insights online/offline methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) including but not limited to - consumer segmentation, brand health tracking, needs gap analyses, attitudes and usage studies, ethnographies, focus groups, shop-a-longs, concept tests, interpreting category and syndicated data.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously for different audiences and retail channels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with skill in collaboration and teamwork.
- Proactive, self-starter with previous work experience in fast paced environment with proven ability to execute on-deadline, and on-quality.
- Travel required up to 10%
- Master's Degree in Marketing/Business or other related discipline
No direct reportsPhysical Demands/Work Environment
Operates in a professional office environment, not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditionsCore Attributes
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
LZBCOR Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.