Job Description Environmental Consulting & Technology (ECT), Inc
. is looking for qualified archaeologists at both the technician and crew chief levels. There is an immediate need for on-call archaeologists within the Midwest
, with possibility of field projects throughout the United States. Job Description
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Conduct archival research, pedestrian surveying, and Phase I, II, and/or III Survey, and archaeological monitoring
- Ability to navigate utilizing field map, compass, or handheld GPS
- Preparation of detailed, daily field and monitoring notes
- Preparation of archaeological and historic resources documentation in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal guidelines and requirements
- Lab experience preferred including the identification, processing, and documentation of recovered artifacts
- Ability to use GPS unit
- Ability to use Total Station preferred, but not required
- Ability to use Digital/point and shoot/DSLR cameras
- B.A./B.S. in Archaeology, Anthropology, Tribal Historic Preservation or related field with prior coursework in, or demonstrated knowledge of archaeology, prehistory, and history, preferred. Associated Degree and demonstrated field experience will be considered
- Archaeological field school experience required
- Preference given to those with prior CRM experience
- Must be able to walk up to 5 miles per day in difficult terrain and extreme weather while carrying a 20-pound pack
- Demonstrated work reliability
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and access to reliable transportation.
- Willingness and availability to travel, as needed
- Positions are intermittent, and work is on-call, as needed. Acceptance into the qualified field technician pool/job offer is not a guarantee of hours
- $16.00 to $20.00/hour, commensurate with experience. Lodging and meal subject to reimbursement/per diem, dependent on client requirements. Overtime in excess of 40 hours/week compensated at 1.5X standard pay.
For consideration, please apply via our website at: https://www.ectinc.com/our-careers/ to provide your resume and cover letter indicating your availability.
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.