Archaeological Crew Chief Needed - Reno, NV
Broadbent & Associates, Inc. is seeking curriculum vitae from qualified candidates for an archaeology Crew Chief. This is a permanent, full-time, salaried position. The successful candidate will be expected to manage three to four field crew members, work as a cultural resources monitor, and work under supervision of other crew chiefs. The candidate must demonstrate a mix of office and field skills.
Broadbent is an engineering and environmental consulting company founded in 1987. Broadbent CRM serves a range of clients in Nevada, Utah, California, and Colorado. Broadbent's cultural resources team currently includes six professional full-time staff in our Reno office and one professional full-time staff in our Denver office. The cultural resources department is led by Ms. Margo Memmott out of the Reno, Nevada office. Our cultural resources team is supported by an ArcGIS/Database Specialist and Broadbent's administrative staff.
Minimum Requirements for Crew Chief
• M.A. in Archaeology, Anthropology, Architectural History, or a closely related field
• Qualify as a Crew Chief in Nevada for federally issued Archaeological Resources Protection Act permits and State permits
• Familiarity with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
• Five or more years of experience in archaeological monitoring, survey, and excavation
• At least two months of professional experience in the Great Basin
• Ability to perform fieldwork activities independently and with a team
• Experience recording archaeological data, using GPS units, and/or taking clear field notes
• Ability to walk up to 12 miles per day outside during a 10-hour workday (up to 8-day sessions)
• Ability to carry up to 30 lbs. of equipment over distances
• Willingness to work in remote locations throughout the Great Basin and Sierra Nevada
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is between $23 and $27/hour, ($47,840-$56,160 salary) commensurate with experience/education. Broadbent offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salary, bonus potential, medical insurance (monthly premiums for medical insurance fully funded by Broadbent), dental/vision insurance, Health Savings Account, a 401K plan with a company match, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and paid vacation. Broadbent offers per diem according to GSA rates for the region. Single occupancy lodging accommodations will be arranged, booked, and paid for by Broadbent.
Apply directly to this job posting or contact:
Margo Memmott, Senior Archaeologist
Broadbent is an equal opportunity employer. Broadbent does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro