You will be based in our Waltham or Atlanta office as a core member of the Design & Innovation team. You will be part of a global team that is distributed across Boston, New York, New Delhi and Prague.
The Design & Innovation team is responsible for using user-centered methods to inform the development and delivery of technology-enabled products and services used across the firm. This work ensures that we create experiences that make the work of our colleagues faster, easier and more effective and that we incubate new ways of working that will move the firm forward.
You will contribute to all aspects of the product development lifecycle - from research and ideation through to detailed design and delivery.
You will collaborate closely with product managers, developers and colleagues in other disciplines to identify what will be most critical to the success of a product, what it should feel like to interact with a product or service across multiple touchpoints, and to define how we bring that experience into reality.
You will actively look for opportunities to apply new tools and technologies that can help enrich the capabilities the firm provides to our colleagues to do their work. You will also have the opportunity to be an advocate and coach for design thinking, helping others in the firm develop their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the use of empathetic, inventive and iterative methods for product development.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in interaction design, cognitive science, HCI, anthropology, psychology or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience planning, conducting and communicating findings from user research for digital products and services; familiarity with an enterprise setting is a plus
- Experience planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development
- Ability to frame key questions, create research plans to address those, conduct research and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights
- Ability to design and conduct user testing and concept validation (e.g., identify potential solution options for a stated user need, design experiments that help elicit the most viable solution for users)
- Strong interaction and visual design skills including use of a diverse set of tools (e.g., Adobe creative suite, OmniGraffle, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Agile software development
- Strong collaboration and experience working with others on a global basis; ability to navigate multiple stakeholder groups and influence others
- Passionate about creating value through great design and user experience
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems and define tasks needed to bring clarity
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, including the ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business