-Contract role in New York, NY
RedStream Technology is seeking a UX Researcher
to lead to join the Design & Innovation team at a global management consulting firm.
In this position, you will leverage an iterative, user-centered approach to conceive and deliver new experiences for our colleagues across mobile and web platforms. You will lead the user research, including helping to frame key questions, create research plans, conduct research, and synthesize findings into meaningful, actionable insights. You will create professional-level clear and concise deliverables that persuasively communicate the research strategy findings.
Additional responsibilities include validating business problems, identifying user needs, mapping out existing user journeys/workflows, drafting personas and behavioral models, and collaboratively working on solution concepts including adoption strategy, the establishment of a research plan into Agile project processes, orchestrating research execution and sharing findings with different project stakeholders.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, Psychology, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6+ years of experience planning, conducting and communicating the findings from user research for digital products and services
- Experience planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development
- Ability to frame key questions, create research plans to address them, conduct research, and synthesize findings into meaningful, actionable insights
- Ability to design and conduct user testing and concept validation, i.e., identify potential solution options for a stated user need and design experiments that help elicit the most viable solution for users
- Deep understanding of digital product lifecycle
- Comfortable working with designers, technical and business teams
- Deep knowledge of an array of research methodologies
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
- Strong collaboration and ability to partner well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholder groups and influence others on a global basis