*Part-Time Anthropology Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District*
Closing Date: *
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor in Anthropology. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT), AFT 6554.
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
*Salary and Benefits:*
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $18,548-$22,029 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1. Education - Possess any one of the following:
* Master's in anthropology or archaeology; OR
* Bachelor's degree in either of the above AND master's in sociology, biological sciences, forensic sciences, genetics or paleontology; OR
* A valid California Community College Instructor's Credential in Anthropology; OR
* The equivalent of the above.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
*Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:*
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
* Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities, evaluation of students' work, consultation with students outside of class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught.
* Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
* Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
* Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
* Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
* Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
* Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
* Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
* Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members' area of expertise.
* Work cooperatively within the college community.
* Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
* Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
* Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
*For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link:* [wvm.peopleadmin.com](https://apptrkr.com/2412653)
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
[Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency](https://www.jobelephant.com/)