Southern Utah University (SUU) invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor of Anthropology to begin August 15, 2022. We seek a Cultural and/or Medical Anthropologist. Geographical focus is open. Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to undergraduate education, mentoring student research, and helping build a vibrant anthropology program at SUU.
First Consideration Date for Applicants will being March 18, 2022.Duties and Responsibilities:
- The annual teaching assignment will be 8 undergraduate anthropology courses spread across two semesters (a 4/4 load). Primary responsibilities will include teaching introductory courses in Cultural Anthropology and Medical Anthropology as well as upper division elective courses in the candidate's area of specialty. An ability to teach introductory courses in other areas, such as Linguistic Anthropology, Theory, Methods, Ecological Anthropology, or Applied Anthropology, would be welcome.
- Mentoring undergraduate research.Education and Experience Requirements:
- PhD in Anthropology, emphasis Cultural and/or Medical Anthropology (ABD candidates considered).
- Experience in teaching undergraduate anthropology courses.
- Active research agenda.
- Commitment to inclusive and engaged teaching.
- Ability to mentor undergraduate research.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- SUU is committed to equity and inclusion; candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.Documents Needed to Apply:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Sample Syllabi
- Teaching Evaluations
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Contact Information for at least 3 Professional References
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services. Job Posted by ApplicantPro